1.31.2008

My Church Basketball team is 4-0!

Game #1, I had 30 points and we won 100-38.

Every game since then I have had fewer points and we have won by a lesser margain. The teams are getting better, but we won tonight by almost 20 (after losing for most of the 1st half)

Tonight I only had 10 or 12 points. The refs took my defensive game away from me giving me 3 fouls in the first half OF THE FIRST HALF! I ended up with 4 on the night, I quit trying to plead my case in the 2nd half so he wasn't as willing to give me the cheap calls. I can HONESTLY say that I only deserved ONE of those fouls. I was 0 -5 on three's today, which is frustrating because my shot has been on when I practice at my office (Yes I have a basketball court at work! The picture left is Tori, one of my students shooting on the 10 ft. hoop, we also have an 8 ft hoop). The strength of my game is the drive. I hate to talk like this, but the people out here don't play very good defense. It's different from Provo where you get all the college kids who play all the time. The people here only play church ball for 8 games a year. There really isn't much of a pick-up ball thing going on here.

Oh yeah, because I was frustrated by the refs calls and my bad shooting (and losing 20 pounds in the last 3 months) I dunked the ball after the game. The first time in THREE YEARS. This is a picture of it.

For me, this is the big leagues so I have to talk about it. Back to my ailing BACK, LEGS and the POUNDING HEADACHE I have from being out of shape... :(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. You always were the worst fouler. Maybe it's the appearance of fouling, because I don't really remember you fouling that much when we played one-on-one. But in intramurals you were always in foul trouble and your defense stunk. Good thing your offense was so awesome.

Brian said...

Well, laziness = sucks at defense. I remember the good ole days when I wasn't as heavy and I could stay in front of people and block shots... Ah well, I can still rebound ok.

Anonymous said...

baldwin, keep track of your assists, too. then we can see how truly awesome you are. you need to be like chris paul, accounting for 90% of the teams points. what happened to your 3-point shooting?

AMy said...

Hey darling {Kristen} I don't want to sound like I am coming on to Brian... fancy we meet in blogspot! It's good to see what is going on with you and you family! ;)