1.01.2008

Baby Genius.....we think so!

At some point babies understand the game of imitation. Some babies even imitate within hours after birth, sticking out their tongue after watching Mom or Dad. So it's no surprise that Ryanna plays the imitation game and has since she was brand new in her own little ways. In the last few weeks, however, we have noticed that she tries to copy the sounds and physical actions we make, especially with our mouths.
It is so fun to watch her learn from us!


Okay, we'll say it - Ryanna is a genius! I was getting her ready for bed and singing songs. Sometimes I sing the "I love Daddy he loves me.....we are a HAPPY family" song. Well, I thought I heard her say happy....and it made me pause for a minute and clean out my ears. So I sat her up and said directly to her "Happy" - slow and clear. Well she said it back! I brought her downstairs to show Brian and we recorded this. Go ahead and tell us if we are crazy but I'll say it one more time, I have my very own baby genius! (We realize as first time parents we may be a bit overenthusiastic....hehe)


I just wanted to note that I do not always dress like a hobo and have yucky hair. Yesterday I found my neighbor's apartment flooded from a broken pipe (she was out of town when I called her...she thought I was calling to tell her happy birthday - not quite). So that event and the cleanup that followed mostly accounts for my disheveled appearance. Mostly....

4 comments:

Morgan said...

YAY! Now you won't get her to be quiet!

Linzi said...

Of course she is a genius. She is your daughter. Now it will be easy for you to teach her words that sound almost the same. Like puppy and baby. I love new milestones!

Cassia said...

Very cute! I love to hear words in little baby voices. :) And that is a wonderful "first word"! :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great blog! I love coming here and seeing what is new in yours and Ryanna's life. The snow suit made me laugh... thanks for your permission, she looks absolutely adorable and is clearly not snow's number one fan yet! I love the footage of her saying 'Happy' as well! This is such a great treasure you have to share with your friends and family, and Kayla is really starting to resemble someone I think we both know. You are such a great mom and obviously enjoying it! Love ya,
Tannis :)