12.01.2010

the family picture that wasn't

Are you like me and get psyched up occasionally over things that are too good to be true? Well "free" family pictures as a holiday gift at our insurance company were most definitely too good to be true. First of all the photographer was a cheeseball. The backdrop was a cheesefest. And he managed to get all of 2 poses for me to choose from one of which has a basketball in it because Quinten wasn't happy until he was holding it. Now it's not the photographer's fault that Quinten was having a hard time but my theory is keep that camera flashing instead of waiting for that perfect shot. Give me some variety and we are bound to find one where we're all at least LOOKING at the camera. I think we were doomed the moment I said "we just want to do the family shot. Thanks!" In other words, we just want to do the free picture so don't bother trying to get us anything decent because obviously you are being held against your will and we aren't worth your time. Oh and by the way I'm honestly ticked because I looked like an ogre in both pictures but what do you do! And they gave my kids off brand Mountain Dew thinking it was Sprite.

Wow. I didn't realize I was so worked up about this. Deep breath.

I tried several times today to get the kids dressed up in their new cute outfits to get some pictures of them together and separate. Do you want to guess how that went?? Well actually Ryanna was totally being a ham and I got lots of cute ones of her but Q was generally unwilling to comply. If I can't make something work then I'll have to beg a friend to try for me and I know just the one to pick on. :) Poor Sha. Being my friend is sometimes like having an extra kid! As long as I'm being a baby about all this maybe I'll beg you to take a family pic for us one of these days too...........

Well now that I got that off my chest I'll share a couple of the funny pics from today's photo marathon.

And this is 6 hours before the Mountain Dew!
yaaaa....good luck!
awwww....first mug shot ;)
These boots were made for dancing!
I'll just slip this ornament topper in when noone is looking....

2 comments:

Mindy said...

LOL... I guess this really is a case of "you get what you pay for". ;) I hate bad photo experiences. I'm sure you all didn't look as bad as you think... that's impossible for your family to look bad. ;)

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I am laughing so hard. Days like that are discouraging. I told you I would be more than happy to snap a few, as long as you are aware that I am not a professional and only a little cheesey! And we only drink water or milk here, but i may bribe with halloween candy.;)