10.23.2009

Nothing like Grandma's house

Thankfully, Delta makes flying with children pretty doable. I was able to take my double stroller and check it at the gate for free. I was also able to check both car seats for free which I wasn't expecting. The kids were great. Ryanna was so excited to fly on an airplane and she didn't hesitate to share it. Anyone who looked her way was told she was "flying on an airplane to see Grandma in Montana!"
Once on the airplane the excitement only escalated. She sat right on her seat staring out the window in anticipation. Of course the people around us asked her where she was going and if she was excited. There was only one brief moment as the plane was taking off that her eyes got wide and she looked at me for some reassurance. I just smiled and she gave a nervous giggle and was back to being excited. The flight was only just over an hour so it went quickly without any issues. SOOO much better than driving 10 hours with two kids alone.

As soon as we drove into the driveway Ryanna shouted "SLIDE, TEETERTOTTER" - she was ready to play play play. Quinten enjoyed his chance to try out the walker my parents bought 30 years ago for my oldest brother.


The kids have had fun so far but Ryanna did ask this morning when Dad was coming. They do miss you Bri and so do I. Thanks for letting us come and being the best. We love and miss you!




3 comments:

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Glad you made it without any problems. I have been thinking about it and wondering. Enjoy your family and friends!!

Linda said...

I'm glad you were able to fly instead of drive! That's awesome that you didn't have to pay for your stroller or car seats! WooHoo! Have fun in Montana! Give Tannis a hug for me and enjoy the wedding festivities!

Baker Family said...

i wish my parents were only an hour plane ride away! im glad you got to go, quinten is getting so big, and already changing. they are so cute!