3.03.2008

Our happenings


I tend to let pictures, videos, and news accumulate knowing I want to share them on the blog. Naturally, I put it off until I realize the post will be gigantic and I'd better do it soon or something will be sacrificed - heavens no! So I'll share a brief update and then overwhelm you with our latest pics and videos, the good stuff. ;)

We've been talking about buying a house now that the market is headed in the right direction. The goal has been to get the car paid off and then apply for a loan this summer. I like to look online for what's out there. This was never a problem before because even if I saw something I liked I knew it just wasn't time yet to even think about it. Well now that I can see the time approaching it has become harder to casually browse the real estate websites because when I see something I like, a little devil plants the idea in my brain that we should go look at it. A week ago I saw a house for sale on a half acre in the area of Brian's office. I'm not one of those "fixer-upper" type people or an "old authentic house" person but for some reason this house is haunting my dreams. We went and looked at it and in a lot of ways it is exactly what I want combined with aspects that are what Brian wants. The price is possibly in our range but only if they are willing to make deductions for new shingles and siding...big expenses I know but the real estate agent hinted that they would probably consider it. For now we are sorting out all the positives, negatives, etc. Tomarrow we are going to the bank for a good faith estimate. We're also asking one of our friends (Josh Graham) to go check out the property with us. He is a real estate guru and will be able to point out things we are ignorant of...aka whether or not we are nuts or have something feasible in front of us. Soooooo....we might have big news later, probably not though, but maybe (but probably not, I have to tell myself to stay objective at this point). PS - I purchased 2 do-it-yourself meth test kits to test the house if we decide we are serious enough to make an offer. I'm not messing with that junk!

That leads me to my other latest. Last week my first meth article was in the paper. It is a 5 article series so if you want to check it out go to http://www.vernal.com/. Should be on the home page. Feel free to leave comments since no one has so far and it doesn't make me look very cool. ;) Another uncool thing about my supposed "series" is the editor forgot to include article #2 in this week's paper...and he forgot to include the expressions article I killed myself to get in on time as well as my weekly archive article. How could he forget you ask? Well he didn't check his junkmail which apparantly my emails are sent directly to...I'm a little miffed considering I've been emailing him my articles since last October. It could be the internet's fault I guess. Anyway, NEXT week there should be a whole bunch from me. I'm embarrassed though because it makes me look like a flake. Why didn't anyone call me when they didn't have the articles they knew I was submitting...deep breath, count down from ten,okay I'm letting go of my anger. :)

One more terribly annoying fact in our household: I am disciplined about dental hygiene. It's just a fact. Brian is less diligent than I, another fact. We both went to the dentist and I have 3 cavities while he has none. I promise he eats as much sugar as I do. It is a plain and simple injustice in my life.

RYANNA'S HAPPENINGS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




"By the time Dad gets home in the afternoon he is a little exausted and ready to chill out for a bit. I happily comply cause my Daddy deserves it!"
"First of all this outfit is so stinkin' cute on me! Second of all I can't get this engine to start!"
"Pretty in pink and in my Sunday best."
Here we are in SLC at the Olive Garden. We met the Meakins and Butlers for dinner. Ryanna had had quite enough at this point. Earlier that day Ryanna had an allergy appointment. It all went well other than the traumatic experience of drawing her blood. We decided to spend the weekend on the Wasatch Front for a little fun...unfortunately, Ryanna was less enthusiastic about our vacation plans.

We stayed at the Sheraton Hotel. Brian found a good deal on travelocity or priceline...I don't remember. Anyway, noone seemed to mind the adorable baby crawling around the fancy lobby. :)
We decided to take TRAX downtown to do some shopping and to get lunch. Ryanna was SOOO tired that immediately after this picture Brian turned her around and she fell asleep on him.
We visited the Adams in Provo. Ryanna enjoyed the high energy of her cousins and also enjoyed the many toys. I couldn't manuever the kids into nicely posed pictures...this was the best I could do.
I now believe that being a dog lover is genetic. Ryanna loves dogs, can point them out in her books, and during our visit to see Brian's dog Shelly she even said "puppy"! I'm now outnumbered....
Look back at pictures of Ryanna last summer and you'll be amazed at how much hair she has now. Blonde hair and blue eyes - what a beauty!


When it comes to fine motor and language skills, Ryanna has been on top of her game. Large motor skills (like crawling, standing, walking, etc) Ryanna has been on her own timetable. Ryanna would get up on her hands and knees from the time she was 8 months old but would get back on her belly before trying to crawl. At her 1 year appointment the pediatrician said Ryanna seems to have loose joints, nothing to worry about but something that would make it more difficult to have the stability to crawl, stand up, etc. Whether that is true or if Ryanna just wanted to take her time she figured out crawling about 3 weeks ago and has been going strong ever since. She also pulls herself up against the couch or in her crib though she isn't into walking. Here is our video of tempting Ryanna with our keys. Once she gets them make sure you note her little touchdown dance (as Brian called it). :)

5 comments:

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

She is such a cute little chunker!! I love when there is a ton of squish to kiss. Great idea on getting Josh's opinion. That should help a lot. I am going to go read your article right now!

Sha

Heidi said...

Ryanna is getting so big!!!! That would be so great if that house is a perfect fit!!!! Good luck with that... we had a house feel really good, but it didn't work out, now look at the mess we are in!!!! Anyhow, I started to read your meth article, but it hits a little too close to home. We have a very close family member who has been a meth addict for well over 10 years.... she has been clean about a year now, after about 5 months in rehab.... She is doing great, but it is nasty stuff!!!!

Heidi

Josh and Kristen said...

So cute. I wanted to watch the video, but it wouldn't let me. I am jealous because I have always wanted to live in an old house and fix it up. I hope that it all works out for you. You are super smart to have Josh go with you. Gotta go check out your article now.
P.S. I wonder if the junk email thing has something to do with why they didn't ever print some of my articles...hmmmm

Kent said...

ahahahahahahahaha!!! Me and Mel have the same dental hygiene habits as you two (I am lazy, she is dedicated), and we both went to the dentist last month and I had no cavities and she had 4! Yes!!! Boys are better than girls!

Melanie said...

While I can't agree with Kent that boys are better than girls, the facts are true. And our dentist told him he could claim "better teeth" than me! I went in again for the second round of fillings and he told me he "has to stick with the guys." I swear it's all part of God's plan...with Kent's dental habits if he didn't have "harder" teeth than I, he would need dentures by now.