4.22.2011

My special daughter

Lately everything has been "special" to Ryanna. Several times a day I hear, "But mom that is very special to me." This is usually in response to being told to put a certain toy or object she knows she shouldn't be playing with away. She has always had the ability to express herself through words, facial expressions, and emotions you can feel across the room. My words are inadequate, however, to express how truly special this little girl is to me. She has a deep beauty that I am blessed to be surrounded by. She loves openly and lives with a determined attitude. Her sweet love and acceptance of others along with her natural ability to think things through for herself are her crowning attributes. I feel so privelaged to be Ryanna's mother and to have a front row seat to her life. I know this is going to be an exciting ride!

Tonight she and her daddy are "camping" in the garage. He made her a bed in a little tent and she is thrilled by the great adventure of it. That is so our little Ryanna. 

PS- more pictures to come from our Easter shoot with the amazing Mindy Smith

3 comments:

jenn + michael said...

That picture is darling. I cannot wait to see more!

Lyss said...

Camping in the garage! How fun! It'll be fun when Addy's old enough to enjoy things like that! We love Ryanna's funny little spirit, too! And that picture is super sweet!

Allison said...

So cute and very special, indeed. Thank you for the scripture you left on my blog...I had actually recently read that as well and should have just written it into my post because that was exactly what was on my mind (why in the world I'm having trouble getting my heart inline with my treasure)but it is getting better. Looks like you guys had a lovely Easter. Let's find a time for a visit!!xoxox LOVE