4.12.2009

A week old already


Actually today Quinten is 9 days old. He has been a wonderful newborn who eats, sleeps, poops plenty and has hardly cried yet (a clean diaper and full tummy keep him content so far)! He wakes up every couple hours at night but so far goes back to sleep once he's eaten so I feel like I've been getting some okay sleep. I remember Ryanna would wake up in the middle of the night and then want to be awake for an hour or more - at the time I thought this would kill me. I feel a little more up for whatever Quinten might do. Just take it one day at a time. One nice thing this time around is I know that no matter how challenging something might be, like getting up in the night several times, with a baby it always changes...and in general most things get easier as you adjust and as the baby grows up. It all goes so fast so I just want to enjoy each little stage and the newborn stage is so precious and special. I truly love this growing family the Lord has blessed me with. I learn new things about myself and living life as I care for and enjoy one strong willed 2-year-old, one sleepy newborn, and one great hubby. I hope everyone had a great Easter and took some time to remember that Jesus Christ conquered death and was resurrected and so one day we all will be too.


Easter outfit

Ryanna's first time holding Quinten.


Nap time for the boys.
Mother son nap.
Even Ryanna has had her share of Quinten couch time.
He gets about 50 kisses on the head a day from sister.
Tickling his toes are a favorite game.
Daddy's tummy makes a perfect pillow.
Such a sweet boy. The socks are a must because
he scratches his face up if his hands aren't covered.
Ryanna self portrait. If the camera is in reach she
knows how to turn it on and take pictures. Usually
they are just of the carpet but this one she actually got
her face. Silly girl.

11 comments:

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

What a precious family. Love the socks on Quinten's hands, all four of our boys had them also, although Britton's were needed to keep his thumb out of his mouth! Enjoy those precious days, we love your blog and so nice to see to be able to keep up with your family. Your little girl is turning big, wow! Love ya, Vicki

AMy said...

adorable!

Kasey said...

How fun!! I am super happy for yall!! Love you! Have a happy day! Lataz~Love always, Kasey

Mindy said...

He's so beautiful!! Congratulations! I can't wait to see you tomorrow. :)

faith said...

congratulations, kristin! and the rest of the family... :) quinten's quite adorable! i hope everything is going well adjusting to two - sounds like you're doing great!
i hope everything continues to go well.

"The Adams Family" dadadada said...

Brian was right! He really looks like Ian when he was little! Thats funny! those Wardell geans are STRONG hu!!! even the hair! lol I am gong to come see you soon! i love you!

NikkiAWardell said...

Beautiful baby boy!!! Bringing home a new little baby is so fun and nothing brings the spirit into a home like a fresh little spirit from God. Ryanna is darling with him.

Didi & Jason said...

Such a cute family. I am so happy for you Krisin! I know you are a great mommy and I can't wait to meet you family some day. Love ya girl!

Mindy said...

Kristin, go look at my blog! :D

(Look at me, being all bossy! ;)

Mrs. Slade said...

I am soooo happy for you and he is adorable. Look forward to him growing up.

Allison said...

What a beautiful baby!!! He is SOOO cute Krstin! And your hair looks awesome I might add. :) I love you!
Allison