4.05.2009

Home at Last!!

Ryanna was happy to see baby brother Quinten and tickle his toes. She especially loved all the things that came home with him: candy, balloons, Mommy. So far she's doing great.

I wanted to share this HOT picture of myself. This was just after 5:00pm as we were waiting for the Doctor and getting ready to push. Too much info? mwa hahahaha. So for being in full blown labor I look pretty comfy and happy right? That's because I am. Oh the reason I wanted to show this picture was to make an Ode to the Epidural. Anyone who has known me long enough to remember my Ode to the Pickle will know how much I must love the epidural, "my life saving majesty." (That was the final line of the Ode to the Pickle - anyone thinking I'm crazy?)
The cutest little guy I've ever seen! I was really freaked out when I saw him because he looked SOOO tiny. I kept asking "how much does he weigh!?!?!?!" I was incredibly relieved when they said he was a healthy 7lbs 12oz.

Thank you to everyone who visited and brought or sent gifts and warm wishes. I had lots of visiters at the hospital and was SO excited to see them all. The only pictures I got with visiters, however, were with my two greatest friends here in Vernal Sha and Kristen. They have been so wonderful and thoughtful helping me get ready for #2. I hope I can be as good a friend to them as they have become to me. Love you girls!
"Finally home chillin with my Daddy on the couch. Still wondering why Mommy put me in hammer pants.......but the shoes are rocking!"
Aunt Kayla is irreplacable on a day like this! Ryanna loves loves loves to play with her and obviously Quinten adores her too. Thanks Kayla for coming to help.
You'll see how much Ryanna enjoyed the balloons. She could only take a few moments to notice baby brother but when she did she was very sweet.

Big YAWN!


13 comments:

Baker Family said...

love the pics and yes you look hot ;) we all have "hot" pics like those...you can always tell when mommy is ready to go. im so happy for you!!

Kasey said...

Super super adorable!! Can't wait to meet him!! Glad yall are doing so good! It's weird to see Sha in pics with you..just cause I've known her since 6th grade! Haha! LOVE the name too!! Have a happy day! Lataz~Love always, Kasey

"The Adams Family" dadadada said...

YEAH!!!! Hes so cute! Congrats! Now we REALLY have to come out! Love you! Let me know if u need anything!

Jackie said...

Absolutely adorable!!! I am happy to hear you guys are doing well and home healthy and safe! I can't wait to meet him sometime...and it might be better for Ryanna to not pay much attention to him because if she is anything like my Ryan, he likes babies a little too much!! Love you guys!! Congrats!

Jen said...

Love, love, LOVE it! Quinten is so cute and you look hot as well. And bless epidurals! Best thing ever invented. Love you!

Jen S. said...

Congratulations!! He is so beautiful!! So happy for you guys!!!

Candace and Brian said...

Hope you don't mind but I linked to your blog from Sha's to tell you CONGRATS!!! He is so cute and I can't wait to see him for myself. You look great and I'm so glad all is going well. Take care!

Didi & Jason said...

So cute! I'm so glad that everything went so well. How fun!

The Curtis Family said...

Congrats! I am on the countdown to finish my own little marathon! He really is cute, and I am glad for you that he wasn't bigger!!!!! Love you guys!

NikkiAWardell said...

Congratulations!! Good to see cute little Quentin and mom are doing well!! I laughed at your ode to the epidural. I am the EXACT same way. In fact, Justin says that the minute I get to the hospital I am asking, "I'd like an epidural now please!" Glad Ryanna is doing well. We love you guys and are excited to see Quentin...probably at the reunion.

Carole said...

Love the hammer pants! Elder Baldwin, you are a lucky man. What a beautiful family you have!

Cassia said...

Oh, Congratulations! :)

Linda said...

So I had to laugh when I read your "Ode to the Pickle" comment! Many people probably had no clue what you were talking about, but I certainly remember that fabulous poem! :-) You're little boy is so adorable! I love you pictures! Hope you are doing great!