8.02.2009

The ups of a downer week

I really hate admitting this was a downer week but for me it just was. Last Sunday was a doozy and everything went downhill from there. I finally went to an MD to find out what my painful attacks have been and he thinks I have gall stones courtesy my pregnancy with Quinten. I have an ultrasound next week to know for sure. Ryanna got sick which was just really sad for me. She just kept puking and didn't understand what was going on, it was her first time. She just kept saying "I'm dirty Mommy. I'm dirty!" Quinten who had been sleeping like a champion from day one has started getting up about every hour just wanting company. I took him into the Pediatrician because it was so unlike him but there was no obvious reason. So far he hasn't caught whatever Ryanna had. The Doctor says he just decided he likes Mom at night too.....Quinten, I always love you but this no sleep is really wearing me to the bone. To top it off I just felt hormonal and based on the time of month that is no surprise.....ey yi yi.

On the flip side we had some fun times too. Quinten is nearly 4 months now. 26 inches long and almost 15 lbs. He loves holding toys and shoving them in his mouth. He has been chewing on everything and could be starting teething - who knows. He physically can roll over but hasn't decided he cares yet. In fact, he would much rather be upright than lying on the floor anytime of the day.
I got the high chair out a bit prematurely because I need somewhere to set him to get things done and lately he screams when put on the floor or in his bouncy chair. The first time we put him in the high chair he felt like such a big boy and just smiled and smiled. Ryanna pushes him around the kitchen and it's really nice that they can entertain each other for a bit.
Ryanna and company joined Dad when he had to take a water tank up on the mountain for the football camp that took place there this week. She loved to run around the hills and pick flowers. The head coach also had a puppy there that Ryanna chased and chased until she got scratched.

In this picture you see Ryanna's curve ball. Sure, the pitch looks like its going to be inside but the spin brought it back down right over the catfood dish... that little green thing on the sidewalk. Ryanna loves pitching and fielding but hasn't picked up on the hitting side of things yet.


This is a video shot in our back yard of Ryanna pitching to her daddy. Her daddy is awful proud that he can hit it over the house even when the house is taller than it is far away. Watch the ball go straight up and over the house. Then watch Ryanna frantically searching for where the ball went... all while Brian holds his hands up in the air in triumph. This was the only take and Brian timed his grand slam perfectly.

(Brian helped me finish out this post. Thanks babe. I just wanted to add how cute Ryanna was playing baseball. We made a diamond using plastic cups and toys. Her pink hoola hoop was the pitcher's mound and she was dead serious about being the pitcher. Let me just say she has a better arm than me - I am not even joking. :) She would pitch us the ball then run and get it wherever it landed and then chased us to get us out. It was just lots of fun! Also in the video I'm not as exuberant as Brian because I wanted the video to show Ryanna getting the ball but Brian's just an athletic stud and had to get a homer. ;)

4 comments:

TOVAR said...

Way to look for the ups in such a stinky week. Super sorry about Ryanna being so sick. It's hard when they don't understand and really, even when you do understand, who likes puking anyway.

Josh and Kristen said...

Hope this week is better for you all. Let me babysit for you if you need it!

Didi & Jason said...

Hang in there girl. Remember how cute you kiddos are. Puking.....the worst thing ever. She is a lil trooper!

Linda said...

You have gall stones! Ouch! What are they going to do to treat that? I'm not sure if kidney stones are like gall stones, but i know that kidney stones are aweful! I hope you get feeling better! Sorry to hear that Ryanna was really sick too. Hopefully this week will be better and you'll get some better sleep! Tell that cute baby of yours to let his mommy sleep! Love ya!