11.17.2008

He's a Boy!

The two images below are the money shots showing off his boy parts. Unless you've seen your share of ultrasound images this probably looks like nothing but it is in fact a bum shot with one leg bent where you can see and one leg kicking the ultrasound wand. Brian Jr. didn't appreciate much of this process because he was asleep when we started and very annoyed when the Doc persisted in jabbing him until he would move in a better position. The Doc even put this buzzing thing on my stomach to annoy the kiddo into moving. At first when he was sleeping the Doc told us he thought he was a girl. I was never very bold about it but I just always knew he was a boy and so I wasn't at all surprised when a moment later the Doc corrected himself.

The image below is a profile shot if you can pick it out. The white blob above his face is a hand which was constantly near his mouth......maybe we're gonna have a house full of thumb suckers! We are so excited about our little boy and feel very blessed. Oh and more good news! I am a week farther along than originally estimated - due date April 8th - hooray!
ps - we aren't planning on naming him Brian Jr. but we are interested in your suggestions!

15 comments:

faith said...

how wonderful! congratulations on the little boy. you'll have so much fun with two.

faith said...

and i hope you're feeling good. have you been sick much?

Linda said...

Congratulations! That's exciting news! Thanks for sharing!

Cassia said...

Congratulations! It is so fun to be proven right. :)

Jen said...

That is so great! Tell Brian congrats. I know how much this must mean to him to finally get his little linebacker! Love you! P.S. You need to come down soon so we can see you!

Baker Family said...

AHH!!! yay!!! I'm so excited for you!! i bet brian is so thrilled... has he signed him up for any sports teams yet???!

TOVAR said...

Get ready for all the comments of "oh what a perfect family, one of both" and "you must be finished since you have a boy and a girl". Get ready too for all the innate differences between boys and girls. It is really funny. I am excited for you.

Kent said...

Huge sigh of relief for you that Baldwin gets a dude to throw the football with. I'm sure he misses throwing the ol' pigskin with me. I know I do.

You should name him Kent as he will be Baldwin's new receiver.

NikkiAWardell said...

YEAH!!! Congrats!! Good luck on the name picking. If you are like Justin and I, boy names will be harder to pick than girl names. I have a whole list of names I absolutely adore for girls and the last three times, we have struggled to come up with a boy name we both like. I'm sure you will find the perfect one though.

Anonymous said...

He looks like a Doug in the picture. Doug or Felix.

Linzi said...

Yay!!! That is so exciting. Congratulations. I know nothing of having boys. That's cool that you just knew what you were having. I've been wrong both times! My mother's intuition must be broken.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, someone from UPS thinks the baby looks like Doug or Felix. Thats in the United Parcel Service. The best thing about them is that you can poop your pants and no one knows!

Anonymous said...

Baldwin should know who Napoleon is. And he should also appreciate the complete butt-whooping the Lakers are going to give the Jazz the day his son Doug will be born, April 14th, 2009.

Brian said...

So, its Kurt. He's the only Lakers fan I will acknowledge knowing. :)

Melanie said...

April 8th is my little sister's birthday. Congrats on the baby boy!