8.21.2008

Mommy Tag

This is the announcement we emailed to friends and family the day after Ryanna was born. That is the pic taken by the photographer at the hospital. Ryanna was only 13 hours old and so alert!!

*Age of baby/babies/kids: Ryanna Baldwin, 18 months old

*Birthdays: February 13, 2007

*Time of birth: 2:12am (I think...Brian would know for sure)

*How long did labor last? 13 hours

*How long did you push? 1 hour

*How much did baby weigh? 8 lbs 8 oz

*Any Hair? just a little red fuzz which fell out

*Who does your baby look like? From day one everyone said she looked like Brian but
now that she has hair she looks like me too!

*How much weight did you gain? 25 pounds

*Was baby early or late? a week early

*How many baby showers did you have? one and it was awesome!

*Did you breastfeed? Yep

*Who watches your babies most of the time? We have a good friend here in Vernal named Mary who loves Ryanna and has watched her more than anyone else. Thanks Mary!

*When do you wanna have another? It's only been recently that we've realized Ryanna isn't a baby anymore. We think we're ready for another one in the next year or two.

*How did you know it was time to go to the hospital? Well I had the best night's sleep and when Brian left for work at 7am I kissed him goodbye and went back to sleep of course. I woke up at 11am feeling like a million bucks, got out of bed, walked to the bathroom and my water broke. It TOTALLY caught me off guard! I called my doc and he didn't believe me and just told me to come into his office...apparantly lots of pregnant women pee their pants and think their water broke. So I drove to the office and sat there for half an hour before they brought me to a room where I sat for another 15 mintues. Finally the doc comes, does a check and is shocked to find I was right. He insists I get to the hospital immediately as I was in labor....maybe next time I'll just go to the hospital and skip that step.

*Anyone spend the night with you on your first night home? My mom and little sister Kayla made it to town just in time to help us get home and take care of us. We loved having them there those first few days.

*Who cut the cord? Brian. He didn't think he would want to have any part or see anything and then when the time came he was all about it.

*Did you cry when you first held the baby? No but I was overwhelmed with joy. It was the happiest moment of my life to that point.

*Where was the baby born? Timp Regional in Orem, UT

*Did you record the birth? no but Bri took some pics

If you are reading this and have kids...consider yourself tagged if you would like to participate.

2 comments:

Linzi said...

Happy late birthday Kristin! It was on the 17th, right? I'm always forgetting but I do know it is in August. If it wasn't on the 17th, I hope you still had a great day!

NikkiAWardell said...

Wow!! What an amazing hospital photo!! I didn't order Abby's--one of those I wish I would have moments--and Nathan and Gavin look like they have been through a boxing match!! It's fun to learn about little Ryanna's entrance into this world though!