9.09.2010

Chair, Bed, Tree, Room,Mulan Wall, Basket, John, and Clo

Ryanna has been bitten by the mommy bug. Some little girls start carrying around baby dolls when they are still a baby. Ryanna, however, never mothered, named, or nurtered her dolls though she has them. They were more like decoration in her room. This week, however, I've seen this girl transform into a little mommy machine. She has her babies on a strict schedule of feeding and bedtimes. I've also noticed this nurturing side eeking it's way into her sistering and she talks to Quinten the way I do most the time.

"Okay Quinty. Let me help you with your sock. Leave it on so your toes are toasty. Love you buddy boy."

When I heard this I nearly melted by its cuteness, especially when I consider the many times she has teased and tortured him. She's also been teaching him things: words like poop-poop, and skills like how to stack blocks and put together train tracks.

Well as I've been typing this Ryanna has been bringing her dolls, barbies, ponies, etc in to my room one at a time and naming them. There is the big baby named Basket, the twin babies Tree and Room, the ponies named Chair and Bed, then there is the Mulan barbie doll now known as Mulan Wall. Are you noticing a theme here?? So she might not be the most creative name-comer-upper but I have to give her props on originality. There something very hippy about naming your baby Tree, very Hollywood....

Oh she did name one of her babies something traditional. His name is John but she's not sure she likes it so I'll keep you updated. Oh Ryanna just came up with yet another pony to name and announced her name is "CHLO - like Clothes only short!" She's getting better. :)

3 comments:

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I just love when they mother their babies. Good thing she is teaching Quentin about poop-poop, what a good sister. Ha ha!

vnxvccve said...

This is such a great entry and I so enjoy reading your writing and learning about your kiddos and the grow and change. Tree is pretty creative and I have to agree quite Hollywood! Great memories here!

Josh and Kristen said...

HAHA! What a cutie! Gotta love the 3-year-old stage!