10.28.2009

A great time in Montana

The purpose of our trip to MT was to attend the wedding of my best friend from high school Tannis Hargrove (now Schandelson). The wedding ceremony and celebration was beautiful and went by too fast. I'm so grateful I could be there but the time all passed much too fast to really savor the time with old friends. The ceremony combined traditional Christian vows with Jewish traditions and it was unique and special. Thanks Tannis for inviting us to share in your day!
Ryanna and Quinten spent most of their time playing with Aunt Kayla and Uncle Nathan. Uncle Jared and his girlfriend Ally were also there to play with most the time but never when I had my camera out - bummer!
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!!! Nathan is a Sophmore who plays on the small yet surprisingly solid Three Forks football team. It was amazing to watch him play on the line against guys 50+ pounds heavier than his 155lb 6' frame. He only came out of the game 1 time for just about 30 seconds. It was hard to watch some of those tackles - ouch. Several times I let him know I donated my athletic genes to him because I am such a loving sister. If you enlarge this picture he is the player in red directly above the referee with the bus wheel behind him. They won the game 26 to 12 and have their first playoff game this Saturday. GOOD LUCK BUDDY!


My girlfriend from high school Jessica was also at the game and we had a few minutes to catch up on the last 8 years. She was also at the wedding. Being home is such a throwback and it reminds me of all the good people I grew up with. My most memorable story of Jess and I would be the time we overheard a peer talking about how someone had bought them beer and where it was hiding. We snuck out of the ballgame and confiscated the goods and gave them to a responsible adult. Yeah, we were cool like that. HA!

Above: The family toughing it out at the ballgame. It was rainy and pretty chilly. Quinten had a great time though and loved every minute with my cousin Mal. Gotta love Grandpa with his heavy duty red bandana. When you are in Montana you gotta have Carharts!
I've said it before and I'll say it again: look at my cute kids!

1 comment:

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Those are great pics!! So wish I was with you at Football in Montana...Nothing better than a fall football..miss it too much. Glad you had so much fun...