3.10.2009

36 Weeks and sort of counting...

Lots of pregnant gals enjoy taking pictures to show their growth during pregnancy....yeah I don't get that whole phenomenon. I do, however, recognize that since I hardly see any of the people who check on our blog you might be interested in my gargantuous belly so here it is. By the way I know my pants look like they're falling down...that's because they usually are. Sorry but it's true - my belly sticks so far out the stretchy band has to hold on for dear life and often fails. Oh well, it's the best I can do right now. :)

So this has been a great pregnancy for me so far. Very little sickness or even nausea, overall energy considering I'm pregnant, decent sleep (though on the decline), no middle of the night charlie horses unlike with my Ryanna pregnancy, normal/healthy weight gain, and so far no new stretch marks. I have a couple weeks left to get those coveted stretch marks and prego pounds though. :) Based on that list I understand if some of you Mommies out there hate me - I feel very lucky to have had 2 great pregnancies. On the other hand we have had some extra worry because our 18 week ultrasound showed some swelling in one of his kidneys. Fortunately, with technology we've kept a close eye on this and what it might mean. There is even a neonatologist who recently moved here who has been going over all the radiologist reports with us, answering our questions, assuring us that this is a minor and manageable situation. So the gist is our baby boy is growing healthy and strong. After delivery he will have his kidney checked out and we'll take it from there. We feel at peace with the situation. It's like Dr. Kwak (the neonatologist) said, "We can only tell so much from a ultrasound and after delivery we might find everything is fine. If not then worst case scenario is he has a problem with an organ that God provided a spare of."  We aren't consumed with worry - actually the feeling in our home is only excitement to welcome this baby into our family!


I had my usual appointment yesterday and Dr. Griffith really freaked me out by saying well now that you're 36 weeks I wouldn't stop you if you went into labor - WHAT!?! You mean I am going to go into labor at some concrete coming date and I'll deliver this baby boy in all my glory and then I'll be a mother of two???? Of course I knew this but it still felt like I was hearing this for the first time. So now I'm getting into nesting mode - washing blankets, setting up the bassinet, going through clothes given to me(thank you Kristen!), and just overall letting it all settle in. Watch out everyone! Pretty soon there will be 2 little Brian/Kristin spawn taking over the earth. Hehehhe. 

10 comments:

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I am sooooooo excited!! I just love new babies. AS of right now, the newness has worn off-Kate won't let me get any sleep-good grief, she is five months! If you need any help nesting or cleaning-don't hesitate to call. It is hard to reach most places.:) Love the hair btw.

Linzi said...

I have never seen a picture of you pregnant before and you look great! I love the excitement of not knowing when you will go into labor (except when your labor is only 2hrs like mine...Yikes!). My transition to two kids was quite easy so I hope yours is the same. Good luck with the next few weeks and I hope everything goes well with little Baldwin. I can't wait to see pictures!

Cassia said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you! :)

TOVAR said...

I totally know the feeling of the reality of more babies in the home. It is funny how it can seem so abstract at some point and suddenly become so real. Good luck. I am glad you are having a great pregnancy.

Jen said...

Love, love, LOVE it! Nothing brings me more joy than seeing you all ginormous! Love you girl and can't wait to meet Brian Jr.

Jackie said...

It is so true!! I know you are pregnant but because I never see you, I forget that you are actually growing a baby inside you!!! And yes, I am one of those mommies that hates you right now!! But I am happy for you and so excited to see you sometime and meet that little guy. Actually, we are going to be in Utah next week, for a week...but you probably don't really want to travel to far from home...anyways, glad to see that you are doing well. Love you

Unknown said...

Good to see you had time to put up a post again. We are so excited to get a new nephew. I think the first words I will teach him will be "go away!"

Oh wait that's what I need to teach Carl's boy.

He will be so dang cute and so much fun. See you guys Saturday?

Josh and Kristen said...

YAY! I am super excited. I have to ditto Sha... call us to help you nest. We will enjoy a newborn through you. Luv ya!

Kasey said...

Yeah!! How fun fun!! So excited to meet the lil Brian!! Yeah yeah!! Yeah I am excited to be by your parents. We actually looked at a place in Three Forks. It's REALLY nice! I actually posted that blog just the day before we moved. It was sooner than planned but.. :) Can't wait to see yall! Have a happy day! Lataz~Love always, Kasey

Kent said...

You have a Doc named Dr. Kwak? That's probably the awesomest and unfortunatest name for a doctor ever. I'm sure he gets lots of jokes about it.