7.07.2008

House tour with before and after pics

Welcome to our home!
Come on in. First on the tour is the garage/man cave. The door into the garage is on your immediate left upon entering the front door.

Brian managed to shimmy the car into the garage sideways...don't ask me how.
And welcome to the man cave. For anyone who is unfamiliar with what makes up a man cave you just need to have a TV, a couch and other media paraphanelia. Ideally a man cave would have a gaming system but if you have a mean wife (i.e. me) that isn't included. (Love you Bri for being so great about that!!!) A man cave can be messy and should have a plentiful stash of snacks and beverages. Also, I realize I have insanely white legs but what can you do.
Now if you'll just follow me up stairs.
At the top of the stair is a little entryway and the bathroom.
BATHROOM BEFORE PIC: Note the cupboards and the floor. Yuck! This is actually the upstairs bathroom.
BATHROOM AFTER PIC: I painted the cupboards a cream color and had the floors replaced. I didn't have a before pic of the downstairs bath but it looked pretty much the same as the picture above.
KITCHEN BEFORE PIC: Bleah.....
KITCHEN AFTER PICS: Step 1 painted ceiling white. Step 2 prepped and primed cupboards. Step 3 painted wall red (3 coats before I was happy with it). Step 3 paint cupboard base. Step 4 replace kitchen floor (Brian is now a pro!). Step 5 replace gross stove for new stove - hooray! Step 6 paint cupboard doors, replace hardware and put on doors. Step 7 touch up paint. This was definately the biggest project we took on!

LIVING ROOM BEFORE PIC: What you can't see in the photo is the 3 big holes in the wall and the hole in the ceiling. Note the scrappy carpet. EWWWW!
LIVING ROOM AFTER PIC: Step 1 painted ceiling white. Step 2 had a drywall guy come fix the huge holes. Step 3 had walls painted tan (thanks Josh G!). Step 4 painted green wall (Bri picked the green and I picked the red). Step 5 had carpets replaced.

This is the TV and surround that Brian got for his birthday. He had been begging for an HD TV for 3 years and I could tell he was about to go buy one so I took matters into my own hands. Luckily he is happy with it even though it isn't the 50" he would have picked out.
Well there you go!!!!! The entire house got new carpet and floors which we love. I think we'll take a break before we redo the bedrooms upstairs. Hope you like it cause we LOVE it!!

10 comments:

Cassia said...

Yay for you! The kitchen especially looks like an entirely different place (OK, so the other rooms do, too, and they all look great, but the kitchen especially caught my eye--probably the red). :)

Linzi said...

It is so beautiful. Good for you. I love your kitchen and your livingroom. It is so inviting.

TOVAR said...

Nice work. Hopefully I will be ambitious enough to make such dramatic improvements on our home.
I think our husbands would really get along. And amen to a man cave minus the gaming system. Too bad all I could prevent was the types of games seeing as we have two systems and he is eying a third.

Morgan said...

I L-O-V-E it! Girl, you're so house savvy! Relax before you do the other rooms--you don't want to get burnt out!

I miss hanging out with you. Can we hang out sometime soon?

Josh and Kristen said...

L-O-V-E, love it! Can't wait to see it in person. I love the way the kitchen turned out. It makes me antsy to redo something in my house.

Angelina Christina said...

Wow! You have a real talent for fixing up rooms/houses. Everything looks amazing. The kitchen doesn't even look like the same kitchen. It's fun remodeling, hun? I like painting especially, it makes everything feel like new.

Kent said...

Good work, I thought the bathroom made the most improvement. I'm glad you guys have a nice place you can call your own. I plan on doing some before/after pictures with our place, although it won't nearly be as drastic, except maybe the backyard.

Unknown said...

You did awesome. I love the colors in your kitchen.
Design professional. YEA!

AMy said...

Your house look gret, Wow! What a difference. I especially like the man cave :)

AMy said...

BTW...Rachelle loves the xbox...don't let her tell you otherwise :)