4.24.2011

Easter Sunday

I've always celebrated Easter as a Christian but this year I have studied the life of Jesus Christ more than ever before and so this Easter is especially meaningful to me. The details of Christ's final hours and death are painful to consider. The beauty of Easter, however, is that His death was not the end and Sunday did come. Christ's resurrection fills me with hope and deep gratitude for the gift that we will each receive; that though we will all die, we will also live again. I can't wait for the day I can give Grandpa Don another hug and a slug on the arm. I find peace in 1 Corinthians 15:22 "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." I hope everyone enjoyed a beautiful Easter weekend. We certainly did and even though we had fun with egg hunts and candy, we still focused on Easter as a celebration of Christ's resurrection and what a beautiful gift that is.

My beautiful family before church

Back home and somehow found some candy
Dress survived church!! The last
2 times she has worn it the front has
been torn.
Have to get a silly one in
So my AWESOME friend Sha fixed this dress right up.
It was torn badly in two places and she just glued
on this strip of flowers. It's like a new dress and
even CUTER than before!! Sha, you really are a
catch - so glad I caught you as a friend. ;)
While she was busting out her craft skills she whipped up this flower
clip for Ryanna's hair. Is there anything you can't do Mrs. Neilson?!?!
Ryanna wouldn't take it out all weekend. She kept saying "I'm just
like Kenna!!" Too bad your mom isn't as cool as Kenna's. ;)
Since I am on a love fest about Sha I better add that she whipped up a complete Easter dinner of ham, roast, potatoes, gravy, and a special sugar free treat for me. Seriously, how did I get so lucky to have such a talented, generous, and true friend?? Just to top it off I have to say in all seriousness I just love ya Sha. Thanks for all you do for me and my family. :)

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I'll jump on that bandwagon... Sha is amazing! I love that girl. :) Loved your post too... you're one amazing girl yourself, Kristin. :)

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Oh how ridiculous is that! You forgot to mention that my house was a sty and I wasn't ready for the day while I did all that. Something has got to give. You also forgot to mention how you always watch my kids, teach my child preschool, are a triathlete;), and keep me sane. You are awesome!

Love all the Easter activities and posts. Sorry about dinner yesterday. Love ya!

Tari said...

I love that your picture of Christ was in the background of your family pic. Great posy