5.26.2010

Confessions of a Choco-holic

Tonight Brian remembered at the last moment that his softball banquet was tonight at the high school.  Kristin, who felt that it was getting late and getting the kids ready would be difficult convinced Brian to go late.  On the way out the door Kristin says, having knowledge that there would be such desserts, "If there is dessert on paper plates you have to bring some home."  Brian, knowing that Kristin loves Chocolate, thought to himself, "Gee, I hope there are some brownies left for the coach that is 30 minutes left..."

Much to Brian's delight, because he loves to make his wife happy, there were many brownies and chocolate chip cookies.  Brian grabbed some and folded a large paper plate with three brownies and two chocolate chip cookies inside and headed for home. 

With a triumphant whistle Brian heads home and up the stairs... and then in the house ready to present Kristin with her dessert.



After Brian set his keys down he looked over on the counter in horror... an opened and scattered bag of hershey's kisses was on the counter.  Brian said to himself outloud, "Oh no!! I'm too late!!"

Brian scrambled through the house wondering where his precious Kristin was.  After searching the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room he turned and gasped.  The sight was humerous but also disturbing.  Brian knows that life with a 1 year old and a 3 year old is rough, but this??

Kristin had immersed herself in candy, so Brian ate the brownies :)

2 comments:

Shayla said...

Okay, we need to coordinate better. Last night, I was badly wanting to try another recipe from my cake book. Unfortunately, I had no one to share with. At the same time, you were yearning for rich, chocolatey goodness. Please let me know next time you have a craving! I am itching to try a particular mint/chocolate/rum cake. Or any other cake in the book, really. (I also have a book that is nothing but chocolate recipes, and I've been dying to try some of those too.) I'll even take requests!

vnxvccve said...

Oh my Gosh one of the most hilarious posts yet! This is a great picture and fabulous sequence of events.... sometimes a girl just needs some chocolate!