9.11.2013

Catching Us

These family pictures are all about seeing the big picture. Brian first mentioned doing pictures to Ryanna in July while the kids and I were at my parents. We came home and Brian took us shopping for western shirts.....I just went with it(and of course it was adorable:). He spent hours over the next few days fixing up the backyard and dreaming up ideas for backgrounds and family poses. My one contribution to the pictures was calling a friend to see when she could take them and then just showing up. They turned out beautifully, full of smiles and bright colors and that is our big picture God reminds me of daily. The joy of being a family. The blessing of being each others. Together in a simple world our children trust in. A mission to give my whole heart to.

We have struggled, especially so the last year but we have not crumbled. God has caught us over and over again. God has opened doors, provided comfort and encouraged small steps, good choices and kind moments. We are somewhere in the middle of our journey as a family and there is one thing I am certain of: God is aware of us together and as individuals. He sees our hearts, knows our needs and provides in His way. And so for this moment, for me today, my heart is full of gratitude that Brian is my partner and husband. To know that tonight my baby will experience joy as his dad walks through the door, a moment I cannot provide and instead I get to simply watch and observe the protector, friend and father Brian is to my three babies. I'm so grateful to him:planning these family pictures, providing for our simple world, battling to be a better man and offering a promise that we will keep trying...together. When I see him I see a man for the eternities, that I am blessed to have by my side.




2 comments:

Jen said...

You are amazing Kristin and much, much too wise. I admire you and your strength in the face of adversity more than you will ever know. I hope to someday have your faith, resolve, and confidence. Glad to hear things are going well. I love you so much and the pics of your family are beautiful!

Linda said...

Yay for family pictures! They are adorable! Love the colors and the fun wheel-barrel. Good job Brian!

This was a beautifully written post Kristin. You are such an example to me and I admire the relationship you have with God. You are strong and valiant and amazing. Love ya lots!