6.20.2009

Father's Day

There are two men in my life who deserve honoring today. Ironically enough neither one are the type to want lots of attention paraded on them. Brian especially would rather I not say anything about him but tough luck buddy. You can handle a little teeny tiny post about being a great Dad. 


So I thought I'd ask Ryanna a few questions about her dad and then type out the response on here. 

What's your dad's name? Daddy!
What do you like to play with daddy? books
What does daddy look like? Smiling and holding the Dilly (Ryanna's nickname is Dilly)
What does "Happy Father's Day" mean? Daddy. 
What does Daddy do for you? Have Father's cake. (We made a "Happy Father's Day" cake)
How do you love your Daddy? Say love you miss you. 

Thank you Bri for being the leader of our home and a great Dad. You are irreplaceable to us. Love you. 


I took this picture of my Dad just a week or so ago while visiting in Montana. There are a lot of things I love about this picture. Mostly that my Dad had picked up Quinten to enjoy holding his grandson and that he is relaxed. I always talk about how hard working Brian is but the truth is he is second to my Dad. I don't remember a day growing up that I didn't see my Dad or get a hug and kiss from him. I always knew I was precious to him, always knew I was his "little girl" and that meant a lot. At the same time I have to admit my Dad was ALWAYS busy working and taking care of us. Since retiring from his regular career I have seen a new man. It is about time my Dad had a chance to slow down and relax. I could see that a lot of the stress was gone from his eyes and oh what a relief to see.

Dad, I love you and hope you know how much I've learned from you and continue to learn from you. I hope you know my good decisions were always influenced by you. Thank you for your love and support. Thanks for being a loving grandpa to Ryanna and Quinten. I really couldn't ask for more.

1 comment:

Kent said...

First of all, you don't even use that many exclamation points. Your blog posts were very far from my mind when I was making fun of the typical "Mormon Mommy Blog".

Second, while it's true that I don't find "kid" posts all that interesting, I know that most people do, especially family members, so who cares what I think! When I have kids, I will post about them and I know that only my sisters will find them interesting.

Third, thanks for letting your husband leave. We had a good time.