9.30.2008

Football as a way of life :)







So I've dropped the ball lately on posting new Ryanna stuff but if you saw the last couple posts you could see that our lives have mostly been about football lately. We weren't sure what all coaching would entail but I can honestly say it has been really fun for our family. Brian is of course super busy with not just coaching but his full time job and his radio show but it was only natural that he would be passionate about football and coaching. He's just one of those people who was meant to do it because while some of it is more work than play I think most of the time he is having a blast! We go to the games every week and Ryanna loves running around, watching the players, and clapping and saying "yaaaaa!" when she hears the crowd cheering. It's fun for me too. Most surprising to me is that I like watching the games and watching Brian on the sidelines. I really do! I'm like a mom at a teeball game, "See him in the red hat and khaki shorts? The coach there? That's my husband!" I can't help but be proud of him for all that he does. I picked a good one. :)





We always bring the etch a sketch to the football games for when she needs a break from running around. Here she was writing her name - can't you tell?!?!?
The hill she loves to climb and roll/fall down at the games.
Crazy morning hair. One of the holders broke and I thought it was cute of course.
Last weekend we were invited to a murder mystery dinner party. This is a group of our friends that were in our last ward. Basically all us girls are good friends and our husbands get thrown together for these kind of things but they all get along too. It was hilarious. The couple in the middle were the maid and butler(hosts of the party). The rest of us were potential heirs to a family fortune getting together to discuss who the rightful heir was. We were also all suspect in the murder of the previous heir. The other couples were all supposed to be British royalty of some sort I think while Brian and I were the imposters. Brian was a hunter/geneology enthusiast who fabricated a line of heritage or something. I was his trampy French wife who married him for the money and was trying to poisen anyone who would get in the way of the money. I honestly thought I had killed the guy but it turned out the ex-wife was to blaim. Go figure. Anyway it was a blast and I recommend it to anyone who needs a date night idea.


I love dressing Ryanna up in her Sunday best. She loves nursery and for the first time since she was born I've enjoyed many lessons with my hubby. We are so grateful she loves nursery and we always feel bad for the parents who are coaxing their kids into the room while they scream and cling to their leg. Ryanna on the other hand runs into the room and doesn't look back.




Building block towers takes up about a 1/4 of our day.

5 comments:

Linzi said...

I would love a murder mystery party! It looked like tons of fun. We went private on our blog and I hope I sent you an invite, if not let me know. My email is sldells2@gmail.com. Guess who I finally ran into....LINDA. I've lived here three years and this is the first time I saw her. Crazy. I'm headed home tomorrow and I'll probably see your family so of course I'll get all the gossip of your life that you don't post :)

Cassia said...

Oh, yes. Nursery is wonderful! What's especially fun is when they come home saying or singing something they were taught--a double bonus. :)

TOVAR said...

How fun your family is. I am glad that you guys get to have so much fun. Yeah for football season although the only true team wears Blue. We have a shirt that says so. Go Cougars!

Brian said...

Not a good day to say "Go Cougars..." Just teasin, Go UTES, beat them Cougars... and go Cougars, beat them Aggies.

Kent said...

Pretty sweet costumes for that party. I'm sure you pulled off a nice french accent. Thanks for validating my hatred of country.